- relacionado con: 1910 wikipedia
1910 fue un año común comenzado en sábado según el calendario gregoriano ... Wikipedia® es una marca registrada de la Fundación Wikimedia, Inc., ...
1910. Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1910. 1910 ( MCMX) was a common year starting on Saturday of the Gregorian calendar and a common year starting on Friday of the Julian calendar, the 1910th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 910th year of the 2nd millennium, the 10th year of the 20th century, and the ...
Se denominan años 1910 al decenio del siglo XX comprendida entre el 1 de enero de 1910 y el 31 de diciembre de 1919.. En esta década los intereses de las potencias mundiales empujaron a la humanidad a una nueva dimensión de conflicto, la Primera Guerra Mundial (iniciada en 1914), que aunque se inició como un conflicto europeo terminó absorbiendo a las principales naciones del mundo.
- Politics and Wars
- Assassinations and Attempts
- Other Significant International Events
- Science and Technology
- Popular Culture
1. World War I (1914–1918) 1.1. Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary in Sarajevo leads to the outbreak of the First World War 1.2. Germany signs the Treaty of Versaillesafter losing the first world war. 1.3. Armenian genocide during and just after World War I. It was characterised by the use of massacres and deportations involving forced marchesunder conditions designed to lead to the death of the deportees, with the total number of Armenian deaths generally held to ha...
1. October Revolution in Russia results in the overthrow of capitalism and the establishment of the world's first self-proclaimed socialist state; political upheaval in Russia culminating in the establishment of the Russian SFSR and the assassination of Emperor Nicholas IIand the royal family. 2. The Russian Revolution (1917) is the collective term for the series of revolutions in Russia in 1917, which destroyed the Tsarist autocracy and led to the creation of the Soviet Union. 3. April 13, 1...
Major political changes
1. Portugal becomes the first republican country in the century after the 5 October 1910 revolution, ending its long-standing monarchy and creating the First Portuguese Republicin 1911. 2. Germany abolishes its monarchy and becomes under the rule of a new elected government called the Weimar Republic. 3. Seventeenth Amendment to the United States Constitutionis passed, causing US Senators to be directly elected rather than appointed by the state legislatures. 4. Federal Reserve Act is passed...
Prominent assassinations, targeted killings, and assassination attempts include: 1. March 18, 1913: George I of Greece 2. June 11, 1913: Mahmud Şevket Pasha, Grand Vizier of the Ottoman Empire 3. June 28, 1914 — Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary is assassinated in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina; prompting the events that led up to the start of World War I. 4. July 17, 1918: Shooting of former Russian Emperor Nicholas II, his consort, their five children, and four retainers at the Ipatiev House in Yekaterinburg, Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic following the October Revolution of 1917, and the usurpation of power by the Bolsheviks. 5. April 10, 1919: Emiliano ZapataThe RMS Titanic, a British ocean liner which was the largest and most luxurious ship at that time, struck an iceberg and sank 2 hours and forty minutes later in the North Atlanticduring its maiden...On November 21, 1916 HMHS Britannicwas holed in an explosion while passing through a channel which had been seeded with enemy mines and sank in 55 minutes.On May 7, 1915, the British ocean liner RMS Lusitania was torpedoed by U-20, a German U-boat, off the Old Head of Kinsale in Ireland, sinking in 18 minutes. 1,198 lives were lost.From 1918 through 1920, the Spanish flukilled from 50 to 100 million people worldwide.The Panama Canalis completed in 1914.Hiram Bingham rediscovers Machu Picchuon July 24, 1911.
1. Gideon Sundback patented the first modern zipper. 2. Harry Brearley invented stainless steel. 3. Charles Strite invented the first pop-up bread toaster. 4. The Model T Ford dominated the automobilemarket, selling more than all other makers combined in 1914. 5. The army tank was invented. Tanks in World War I were used by the British Army, the French Army and the German Army. 6. 1912 - Articulated trams, invented and first used by the Boston Elevated Railway.
1. In 1916, Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity. 2. Max von Laue discovers the diffraction of x-rays by crystals. 3. In 1912, Alfred Wegener puts forward his theory of continental drift.
In the years 1910 and 1911, there was a minor economic depression known as the Panic of 1910–11, which was followed by the enforcement of the Sherman Anti-Trust Act.Flying Squadron of America promotes temperance movement in the United States.The first U.S. feature film, Oliver Twist, was released in 1912.The first mob film, D. W. Griffith's The Musketeers of Pig Alleywas released in 1912.
1. John Barrett, Director-general Organization of American States 2. Georges Louis Beer, Chairman Permanent Mandates Commission 3. Henry P. Davison, Chairman International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies 4. Sir James Eric Drummond, Secretary-general League of Nations 5. Emil Frey, Director International Telecommunication Union 6. Christian Louis Lange, Secretary-general Inter-Parliamentary Union 7. Baron Louis Paul Marie Hubert Michiels van Verduynen, Secretary-general Perm...
1. Arnold Rothstein, gangster, gambler, fixed the 1919 World Series 2. Henry Ford, industrialist, founder of the Ford Motor Company
1. Nikola Tesla, electrical and mechanical engineer
March 18 – The first cinematic version of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1818) is released in the United States by Edison Studios. One of the first horror films, it features (unbilled) actor Charles...May 6 – The newsreel footage of the funeral of Edward VII is shot in Kinemacolor, making it the first color newsreel.July – The Johnson-Jeffries Fightfootage causes race riots and is banned in the South of the US.A Danish melodrama, ill|Den Hvide Slavehandel|da, marks the first time film is used to study prostitution.
- Films Released in 1910