100,000+ usuarios visitaron search.alot.com el mes pasado
Search for Domo Wikipedia info. Research & compare results on Alot.com online today. Find all the information you need for Domo Wikipedia online on Alot.com. Search now!
1883. Este artículo o sección necesita referencias que aparezcan en una publicación acreditada. Este aviso fue puesto el 27 de noviembre de 2020. 1883 ( MDCCCLXXXIII) fue un año común comenzado en lunes según el calendario gregoriano .
1883 (MDCCCLXXXIII) was a common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar and a common year starting on Saturday of the Julian calendar, the 1883rd year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 883rd year of the 2nd millennium, the 83rd year of the 19th century, and the 4th year of the 1880s decade.
1. President: Chester A. Arthur (R-New York) 2. Vice President: vacant 3. Chief Justice: Morrison Waite (Ohio) 4. Speaker of the House of Representatives: J. Warren Keifer (R-Ohio) (until March 4), John G. Carlisle (D-Kentucky) (starting December 3) 5. Congress: 47th (until March 4), 48th(starting March 4)
1. January 10 – A fire at the Newhall Hotel in Milwaukeekills 73 people. 2. January 16 – The Pendleton Civil Service Reform Act, reforming the United States civil service with the aim to end the spoils system, becomes law. 3. January 19 – The first electric lighting system employing overhead wires begins service in Roselle, New Jersey (it was built by Thomas Edison). 4. February 23 – Alabama becomes the first U.S. state to enact an antitrust law. 5. February 28 – The first vaudeville theater...
1. April 13 – Prospector Alferd Packer convicted of manslaughter after being accused of cannibalism. 2. April 30 – New York Governor Grover Cleveland signs a bill authorizing protection of land for Niagara Falls State Park, which would eventually lead to the Niagara Reservation being established two years later in 1885. 3. May 19 – Buffalo Bill's Wild West ShowDebuts In Omaha Nebraska 4. May 24 – Brooklyn Bridgeis opened to traffic after 13 years of construction. 5. May 30 – In New York City,...
1. August – Senator George Vest, along with President Chester A. Arthur, with cabinet members, begin a fishing trip to Yellowstone Parkfor two weeks, becoming the first sitting president to visit the park, and bringing national attention to Yellowstone. 2. August 1 – President Chester A. Arthur Opens the First Southern ExpositionIn Louisville. 3. September 5 – Mary F. Hoyt becomes the first woman appointed to the U.S. federal civil service (and the second person appointed by examination (in w...
September 27 – The Boston Red Stockings clinch their First National League pennant with a 4–1 win over the Cleveland Blues.January 10January 19 – Waite Phillips, businessman and philanthropist (died 1964)January 20 – Enoch L. Johnson, political boss and racketeer (died 1968)January 25 – Homer Bone, U.S. Senator from Washington from 1933 to 1944 (died 1970)January 10 – Samuel Mudd, physician imprisoned for conspiring with John Wilkes Booth in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln (born 1833)January 12 – Clark Mills, sculptor (born 1810)January 13 – Webster Wagner, inventor, manufacturer and politician (born 1817)February 16 – Stephen P. Hempstead, 2nd Governor of Iowa from 1850 to 1854 (born 1812)
Monarch – VictoriaPrime Minister – William Ewart Gladstone (Liberal)Parliament – 22nd1 January – Augustus Pitt Riverstakes office as Britain's first Inspector of Ancient Monuments.5 March – Gloucester City A.F.C.is formed.15 March – Fenian dynamite campaign: An explosion at the Local Government Board, Charles Street, Mayfair (Westminster) causes over £4,000 worth of damage and some minor injuries to people nearby. A...29 March – Edward Benson enthroned as Archbishop of Canterbury.J. R. Seeley's study of the growth of the British Empire The Expansion of England.Robert Louis Stevenson's historical adventure novels Treasure Island (in book form) and The Black Arrow(in serial form).
1. England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales take part in the inaugural Home Nations Championship.1 January – Mary Forbes, actress (died 1974)3 January – Clement Attlee, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom(died 1967)17 January – Compton Mackenzie, novelist and Scottish nationalist (died 1972)20 January – Bertram Ramsay, admiral (died 1945)9 March – Arnold Toynbee, economic historian (born 1852)14 March – Karl Marx, political philosopher and economist (born 1818 in Germany)14 April – William Farr, epidemiologist (born 1807)18 April – Elizabeth Ferard, Anglican deaconess (born 1825)
Xogos florais de 1883 no Teatro Tamberlick de Vigo, baixo a presidencia de Emilio Castelar. 3 de xaneiro - Clement Attlee, Primeiro ministro do Reino Unido. 4 de xaneiro - Max Eastman, escritor de esquerdas estadounidense. 6 de xaneiro - Khalil Gibrán, escritor e pintor libanés. 10 de xaneiro - Aleksei Nikolaevich Tolstoi, escritor ruso.
- 4579 – 4580
- 1883, MDCCCLXXXIII