The Battle of Moscow was a series of two battles, which took place in Moscow, on September 1 and 3, 1612, during the Polish–Muscovite War (1605–18).Forces of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth were commanded by Field Hetman of Lithuania, Jan Karol Chodkiewicz, while Russians were led by Dmitry Pozharsky.
Located on Moscow's outskirts at the time of its construction, the location of the main building is now about half-way between the center of Moscow at the Kremlin and the city's current limits. The Journalism Department now occupies the university's original location in downtown Moscow across from the Manezh, steps from the Kremlin and other government buildings.
Desde 1990 el Kremlin fue incluido, junto con el conjunto de la Plaza Roja, en la lista de Patrimonio de la Humanidad de Unesco.  Junto al Kremlin está la Plaza Roja, con la famosa Catedral de San Basilio, finalizada en 1561 y mundialmente conocida por sus cúpulas de colores.