Hace 1 día · The Seven Years' War was perhaps the first global war, taking place almost 160 years before World War I, known as the Great War before the outbreak of World War II, and globally influenced many later major events. Winston Churchill described the conflict as the "first world war".
- 17 May 1756 – 15 February 1763, (6 years, 8 months, 4 weeks and 1 day), OR, 28 May 1754 – 10 February 1763, (8 years, 8 months, 1 week and 6 days)
- Anglo-Prussian coalition victory, Status quo ante bellum in Europe, Treaty of Saint Petersburg (1762), Treaty of Hamburg (1762), Treaty of Paris (1763), Treaty of Hubertusburg (1763)
- Europe, North America, West Indies, South America, West Africa, India, Philippines
- No territorial changes in Europe, Transfer of colonial possessions between Great Britain, France, Portugal and Spain, France and Spain return conquered colonial territory to Great Britain and Portugal, France cedes its North American possessions east of the Mississippi River, Canada, the islands of St. Vincent, Tobago, Dominica, and Grenada, and the Northern Circars in India to Great Britain, France cedes Louisiana and its North American territory west of the Mississippi River to Spain, Spain cedes Florida and Manila to Great Britain, Mughal Empire cedes Bengal to Great Britain
Hace 1 día · Fighting commenced when Austria invaded Serbia on 28 July 1914, purportedly in response to the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir to Emperor Franz Joseph; this brought Serbia's ally Montenegro into the war on 8 August and it attacked the Austrian naval base at Cattaro, modern Kotor. 
Hace 2 días · The total number of military and civilian casualties in World War I was about 40 million: estimates range from around 15 to 22 million deaths  and about 23 million wounded military personnel, ranking it among the deadliest conflicts in human history. The total number of deaths includes from 9 to 11 million military personnel.
13 de mar. de 2023 · World War I, also called First World War or Great War, an international conflict that in 1914–18 embroiled most of the nations of Europe along with Russia, the United States, the Middle East, and other regions. The war pitted the Central Powers —mainly Germany, Austria-Hungary, and Turkey —against the Allies—mainly France ...
Hace 1 día · during the First World War 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 Part of a series on the History of the United Kingdom Timeline Topics United Kingdom portal v t e The United Kingdom was a leading Allied Power during the First World War of 1914–1918. They fought against the Central Powers, mainly Germany.
- Civil, H. H. Asquith, David Lloyd George, Army, William Robertson, John French, Douglas Haig, Royal Navy, Jackie Fisher, Henry Jackson, John Jellicoe, Rosslyn Wemyss, RNAS & RFC, David Henderson, Frederick Sykes, Hugh Trenchard, Godfrey Paine
Hace 1 día · World War II or the Second World War, often abbreviated as WWII or WW2, was a global conflict that lasted from 1939 to 1945. The vast majority of the world's countries, including all of the great powers, fought as part of two opposing military alliances: the Allies and the Axis.
19 de mar. de 2023 · The First World War is a seminal historical event; an historical caesura whose aftershocks still resonate. For Eric Hobsbawm, it began the ‘Age of Extremes’ – the start of the ‘short’ twentieth century lasting from 1914 to 1991 in which fascism, communism and liberal democracy clashed for world hegemony.
Anunciorelacionado con: First World War wikipedia
Choose From Over 30K Series. The First World War. Watch The First World War Online & Many More Shows Ã‚Â» Find Full Shows Online.