John Dutton Frost, militar británico; John Farrow, director, guionista y productor australiano; John F. Kennedy, 35° presidente de los Estados Unidos desde 1961 hasta 1963; John Galsworthy, novelista y dramaturgo británico, premio Nobel de Literatura en 1932; John Grierson, director de cine documental británico;
John: [noun] a Jewish prophet who according to Gospel accounts foretold Jesus' messianic ministry and baptized him — called also#R##N# John the Baptist.
John (/ dʒ ɒ n /; JON) is a common male given name in the English language of Semitic origin. The name is the English form of Iohannes and Ioannes, which are the Latin forms of the Greek name Ioannis (Ιωάννης), originally borne by Hellenized Jews transliterating the Hebrew name Yochanan (יוֹחָנָן ), the contracted form of the longer name Yehochanan (יְהוֹחָנָן ...
- June 24
- New Testament
- Other People with The Given Name
- Arts, Entertainment, and Media
- Other Uses
- See Also
1. Johannine literature 1.1. Gospel of John, a title often shortened to John 1.2. Johannine epistles 1.2.1. First Epistle of John, often shortened to 1 John 1.2.2. Second Epistle of John, often shortened to 2 John 1.2.3. Third Epistle of John, often shortened to 3 John 1.3. Book of Revelation, the Revelation of Saint John the Divine
1. John the Baptist(died c. 30 AD), regarded as a prophet and the forerunner of Jesus Christ 2. Authorship of the Johannine works of the New Testament, sometimes identified as: 2.1. John the Apostle(lived c. 30 AD), one of the twelve apostles of Jesus 2.2. John the Evangelist, assigned author of the Fourth Gospel, once identified with the Apostle 2.3. John of Patmos, also known as John the Divine or John the Revelator, the author of the Book of Revelation, once identified with the Apostle 2.4...
1. John, father of Andrew the Apostleand Saint Peter 2. Pope John (disambiguation), several popes 3. Saint John (disambiguation), many people 4. John of Antioch (historian), a chronicler of the 7th century 5. John (Archdeacon of Barnstaple), medieval archdeacon in England 6. John (Bishop of Ardfert)(died 1286), Irish bishop 7. John (bishop of Tripoli)(died c.1186), Roman Catholic bishops in the Kingdom of Jerusalem 8. John (bishop of Wrocław)(11th century), Polish Roman Catholic bishop 9. Joh...
Rulers and other political figures
1. John (constable of Armenia)(died 1343), regent of the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia 2. John of Austria (disambiguation), several people 3. John of Bohemia(1296–1346), called John the Blind, king from 1310 4. John of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden, better known as Hans of Denmark(1455–1513) 5. John of England(1166–1216), king and younger brother of Richard I 6. John I of Hungary or János Szapolyai(1487–1540), king from 1526 7. John (knez), 13th-century leader in Oltenia 8. John (Mauro-Roman king...
1. John (Tomorrow People), appearing in the children's science-fiction TV series The Tomorrow People 2. John (John and Gillian), appearing in the Doctor WhoTV comic strip 3. John-117, or Master Chief, the protagonist of the video game franchise Halo 4. John-Boy, eldest son in The WaltonsTV series
1. John, a 1927 play by Philip Barry 2. JOHN, a 2014 play by Lloyd Newson 3. John (2005 book), a book by Cynthia Lennon about musician John Lennon 4. Dear John letter, a letter written to inform a romantic partner that the writer has found a new love interest
1. "John" (Desireless song) 2. "John" (Lil Wayne song)Slang for a toilet and a person who hires a prostitute
John as a boys' name is pronounced jahn. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of John is "God is gracious". Biblical: the name of the longest-lived of the 12 apostles, who was especially loved by Christ. Also the name of John the Baptist, who baptized Christ in the Jordan river. Dozens of variant forms, given names and surnames, male and ...
John Winston Lennon ( Liverpool, 9 de octubre de 1940 - Nueva York, 8 de diciembre de 1980) fue un artista, músico, multinstrumentista, cantautor, compositor, productor, escritor y pacifista británico, conocido por ser uno de los miembros fundadores de la banda de rock The Beatles. Nació en Liverpool, donde siendo adolescente se vio inmerso ...
Official music video for “All of Me” by John Legend Listen to John Legend: https://found.ee/JohnLegend_Listen Subscribe to the official John Legend YouTube ...
- 5 min