Se denominan años 1930 o años treinta al decenio del siglo XX comprendida entre el 1 de enero de 1930 y el 31 de diciembre de 1939.. Esta década está claramente influida por la crisis económica (llamada «Gran Depresión») provocada por el Crack del 29, que tuvo un alcance mundial y provocó fuertes tensiones sociales y políticas que permitieron la aparición de dictaduras como la de ...
Temas, acontecimientos y noticias relacionados con la década de los años 1930. Wikimedia Commons alberga una categoría multimedia sobre los años 1930. Subcategorías.
- Politics and Wars
- Assassinations and Attempts
- Science and Technology
- Popular Culture
- See Also
- Further Reading
- External Links
1. Colombia–Peru War (September 1, 1932 – May 24, 1933) – fought between the Republic of Colombia and the Republic of Peru 2. Chaco War (June 15, 1932 – June 10, 1935) – fought between Bolivia and Paraguay over the disputed territory of Gran Chaco, resulting in a Paraguayan victory in 1935; an agreement dividing the territory was made in 1938, formally ending the conflict 3. Saudi–Yemeni War (March 1934 – May 12, 1934) – fought between Saudi Arabia and the Mutawakkilite Kingdom of Yemen 4. Se...
1. Chinese Civil War (1927–1949) – The ruling Kuomintang and the rebel Communist Party of China fought a civil war for control of China. The Communists consolidated territory in the early 1930s and proclaimed a short-lived Chinese Soviet Republic that collapsed upon Kuomintang attacks, forcing a mass retreat known as the Long March. The Kuomintang and Communists attempted to put away their differences after 1937 to fight the Japanese invasion of China, but intermittent clashes continued throu...
1. The Ethiopian Empire is invaded by the Kingdom of Italy during the Second Italo-Abyssinian War from 1935 to 1936. The occupied territory merges with Eritrea and Italian Somaliland into the colony of Italian East Africa. 2. The Empire of Japan captures Manchuria in 1931, creating the puppet state of Manchukuo. A puppet government was created, with Puyi, the last Qing dynasty Emperor of China, installed as the nominal regent and emperor.The China floods of 1931are among the deadliest natural disasters ever recorded.The 1935 Labor Day Hurricane makes landfall in the Florida Keys as a Category 5 hurricane and the most intense hurricane to ever make landfall in the Atlantic basin. It caused an estimated $6 milli...The German dirigible airship Hindenburg explodes in the sky above Lakehurst, New Jersey, United States on May 6, 1937, killing 36 people. The event leads to an investigation of the explosion and th...The New London School in New London, Texas, is destroyed by an explosion, killing in excess of 300 students and teachers (1937).
Prominent assassinations, targeted killings, and assassination attempts include: 1. A plan to kill the English film star Charlie Chaplin, who had arrived in Japan on May 14, 1932, at a reception for him, was planned by activists eager to ingest a nativist Yamatospirit into politics. Chaplin's murder would facilitate war with the U.S., and anxiety in Japan, and lead on to "restoration" in the name of the emperor. However, excepting the death of the prime minister, the coup came to nothing, and the murderers gave themselves in to the police willingly. 2. French president Paul Doumer is assassinated in 1932 by Paul Gorguloff, a mentally unstable Russian émigré. 3. U.S. presidential candidate Huey Longis assassinated (1935). 4. Engelbert Dollfuss, Chancellor of Austria and leading figure of Austrofascism, is assassinated in 1934 by Austrian Nazis. Germany and Italy nearly clash over the issue of Austrian independence despite close ideological similarities of the Italian Fascistand Nazi...The Great Depression is considered to have begun with the fall of stock prices on September 4, 1929, and then the stock market crash known as Black Tuesdayon October 29, 1929, and lasted through mu...The entire decade is marked by widespread unemployment and poverty, although deflation (i.e. falling prices) was limited to 1930–32 and 1938–39. Prices fell 7.02% in 1930, 10.06% in 1931, 9.79% in...Economic interventionist policies increase in popularity as a result of the Great Depression in both authoritarian and democratic countries. In the Western world, Keynesianism replaces classical ec...In an effort to reduce unemployment, the United States government created work projects such as the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) which was a public work relief program that operated from 1933...
Many technological advances occurred in the 1930s, including: 1. On March 8, 1930, the first frozen foods of Clarence Birdseye were sold in Springfield, Massachusetts, United States. 2. Nestlé releases the first white chocolate candy as the Milkybar.; 3. Ub Iwerks produced the first Color Sound Cartoon in 1930, a Flip the Frog cartoon entitled: "Fiddlesticks"; 4. In 1930, Warner Brothers released the first All-Talking All-Color wide-screen movie, Song of the Flame; in 1930 alone, Warner Broth...
1. Astronomer Clyde Tombaugh discovers Plutoin 1930, which goes on to be announced as the ninth planet in the Solar System.
Literature and art
1. Height of the Art Deco movement in North America and Western Europe. 2. Notable poetry include W. H. Auden's Poems. 3. Notable literature includes F. Scott Fitzgerald's Tender Is the Night (1934), T. H. White's The Sword in the Stone (1938), J. R. R. Tolkien's The Hobbit (1937), Aldous Huxley's Brave New World (1932), John Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath (1939) and Of Mice and Men (1937), Ernest Hemingway's To Have and Have Not (1937), John Dos Passos's U.S.A trilogy, William Faulkner's As I L...
1. Charlie Chaplin's groundbreaking classic, "City Lights", was released in 1931. 2. Charlie Chaplin's last film featuring his signature character, "The Tramp", was subsequently released in 1936. 3. Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfswas released in 1937. 4. The Little Princesswas released in 1939. 5. The Wizard of Ozwas released in 1939. 6. In the art of filmmaking, the Golden Age of Hollywood enters a new era after the advent of talking pictures ("talkies") in 1927 and full-color...
1. Radiobecomes dominant mass media in industrial nations, serving as a way for citizens to listen to music and get news- providing rapid reporting on current events. 2. October 30, 1938 – Orson Welles' radio adaptation of The War of the Worldsis broadcast, causing panic in various parts of the United States.
1. Laurel & Hardy in their film "The Flying Deuces" (1939) 2. Shirley Temple, 1933 3. Clark Gable as Rhett Butler in the trailer for Gone with the Wind(1939)
1. Walt Disney 2. Alfred Hitchcock 3. Fritz Lang 4. John Ford 5. Cecil B. DeMille 6. Frank Capra 7. Jean Renoir 8. Ernst Lubitsch 9. William Wyler 10. Howard Hawks 11. Victor Fleming 12. George Cukor 13. Michael Curtiz 14. Josef von Sternberg
Prominent criminals of the Great Depression: 1. Al Capone 2. Bonnie and Clyde 3. John Dillinger 4. Baby Face Nelson 5. Machine Gun Kelly 6. Ma BarkerBrendon, Piers. The Dark Valley: A Panorama of the 1930s (2000) global political history; 816pp excerptCornelissen, Christoph, and Arndt Weinrich, eds. Writing the Great War – The Historiography of World War I from 1918 to the Present (2020) free download; full coverage for major countries.Gardiner, Juliet, The Thirties: An Intimate History. London, Harper Press, 2010. ISBN 978-0-00-724076-0on BritainGarraty, John A. The Great Depression: An Inquiry into the Causes, Course, and Consequences of the Worldwide Depression of the Nineteen-Thirties, As Seen by Contemporaries(1986).
1900 • 1910 • 1920 • 1930 • 1940 • 1950 • 1960 • 1970 • 1980 • 1990 Acontecimientos relacionados con la ciencia y la tecnología, en la década de los años 1930 . Portal:Ciencia .
La Década del 1930 foi la que trescurrió ente'l 1 de xineru de 1930 y el 31 d'avientu de 1939.. Fechos. Esta década ta siñada pola Gran depresión mundial aniciada nos Estaos Xuníos, la xuba al poder del los fascistes italianos y los nazis n'Alemaña.